M2.5 version of the columns format (beta) is now available from:
1. Fixed "When in 'Show one section per page' mode and the column orientation is set to 'Horizontal' the sections on the main
page do not fill their correct width. This is due to the use of the 'section_summary()' method which needs to be changed
within the format to set the calculated width on the 'li' tag." because the core fix I submitted on MDL-39099 has now
been integrated. Thus requiring version 2013050200.00 2.5beta+ (Build: 20130502).
2. Removed '.jumpmenu' from styles.css because of MDL-38907.
3. Moved 'float: left' to styles.css for Henrik Thorn - CONTRIB-4198.
4. Improvements for MDL-34917.
5. Realised that Tablets have more space, so allow two columns even when two or more are set.
6. Updated core API calls to M2.5.
7. Moved all 'cnconfig.php' default functionalty to 'Site Administration -> Plugins -> Course formats -> Columns'
so that defaults can be changed by the administrator from within Moodle without resorting to code changes.
8. Added capability 'format/columns:changecolumns' to editing teachers and managers such that site administrators can choose to
disable functionality through roles if they wish. In order for this to work the version number must be updated.
9. Added automatic 'Purge all caches' when upgrading. If this appears not to work by lack of display etc. then perform a
manual 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches'.