Batch Enrollment RedHat (bulk Upload CLI)

Batch Enrollment RedHat (bulk Upload CLI)

by Jim Angel -
Number of replies: 2

I'm using Piers Harding's bulk upload course (https://github.com/piersharding/moodle-tool_uploadcourse)  which works fine with the GUI, but when I tried it with the command line, it seems to not like my input.

He provides this example:

sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php admin/tool/uploadcourse/cli/uploadcourse.php --action=addupdate \
                 --mode=delete --file=./courses.csv --delimiter=comma

But since it's a redhat box, I do not use sudo. Although, I do su root prior to running the script. The error I get is:

Moodle course uploader running ...
Invalid category
Execute Course Upload.

But the category uploads fine in the GUI. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Angel

Re: Batch Enrollment RedHat (bulk Upload CLI)

by Jim Angel -

Update: I worked with Piers Harding to resolve this issue. It turns out it was a minor bug with the default Category. The updated code has been committed to GitHub thanks to Piers. Piers was incredibly helpful and is a huge asset to the Moodle Community.

In reply to Jim Angel

Re: Batch Enrollment RedHat (bulk Upload CLI)

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Talking about bulk course upload made by Piers Harding, i had talked (some weeks ago) about some information that could be more useful and a bug i've seen here in this thread.

Séverin