Moodle Glossary

Moodle Glossary

av Karrie V -
Antall svar: 7

Does anyone by any chance have a MOODLE glossary they would share? I am looking for a glossary that has Moodle terms that I can use to autolink. I was thinking about creating this but figured I would ask first. I’m looking for something with descriptions of all the different type of activities which may have instructions on how to complete each. Thanks in advance!

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Karrie V

Re: Moodle Glossary

av Martin Dougiamas -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers
Good idea ... you could use the help text to make it.  I suggest mentioning this in the Documentation area.
Som svar til Martin Dougiamas

av Karrie V -

If there isn’t one already created, I would be happy to work on it. It’s the least I can do since I don’t know how to write code. I’ll give it a few days to see if anyone responds to this post and I will cross post in documentation forum as well.

Would it be ok if I copy some of your glossary terms that have already been created?

Som svar til Karrie V

av Karrie V -

I guess I figured I would wait and see - but with nothing better to do (mind you it is 12:29 AM - not like I would be sleeping or anything like that) I started working on coping the help documents into a glossary.  Please take a look and let me know what you think. What else should I add?   I will post the whole glossary when its done.

Som svar til Karrie V

av Darren Smith -
This looks very useful approve

Attached is a couple of things I have. Some are site specific which you will not need.

just a quick note: some comments are more 1.4 rather than 1.5 - such as the increasingly obsolete journal

HTH

Darren
Som svar til Karrie V

av Keith Swartley -

Karrie V - Could you post your glossary as an attached XML file to your tread. I like you entries but we can;t use them as a pdf. You can create an XML file of your enteries by choosing to export all the entries from within your courses glossary. You can also cherry pick other peoples glossaries the same way if you have access to their course. Again from your glossary, you just import entries and point to the XML file you've saved off the other course's glossary.

Thanks,

Kswartley

Som svar til Keith Swartley

av Michael Lindeman -
I have attached an XML file I created based on Karrie V's entries.

-- Michael
Som svar til Michael Lindeman

av Karrie V -

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY, I DIDNT SEE EITHER OF THESES POSTS! I would have gladly posted them so you didn’t have to redo it Michael. I really wish there was a way to subscribe to a particular thread and not an entire forum. Unfortunately sometimes messages get overlooked that way.

Forgive me!