Front Page

Front Page

by Khalil Muhsin -
Number of replies: 6

We recently had moodle 2.0.10 installed on our site. Our developer abandoned us and we are now scrambling trying to figure out how to edit the front page of our Moodle site. It has a slider and other blocks but we see no way to connect to the 'homepage' to make simple changes in text and pictures. The theme utilized is a 'brick' theme please advise how we would connect to our home page?  I have attached a picture of our homepage and you will note it has a silder and other block

Attachment homepage.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Khalil Muhsin

Re: Front Page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I am not familiar with this theme but if you  log in and turn on the editing on the front page, do you then see the option to "add site news" as I think the image and text on the front page are probably coming from the site news (I might be wrong) Could you post a screenshot of how it looks once you have logged in and have the editing turned on?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Khalil Muhsin -

The theme was developed by my developer who abandoned me...smh! I do not see the option "add site news" when I go to the theme itself which is called 'lamppost' I see a 'box' around it and it says "use for modern browsers" "Use for old browsers"
  These were options that could be clicked but I can not click them now. 
My site looks like the moodle-lamppost.png that I have provided.

Attachment lamppost theme.PNG
Attachment moodle-lamppost.PNG
In reply to Khalil Muhsin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you have an option to turn on the editing on the front page?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Khalil Muhsin -

Yes I do see an option to turn on editing of Front page