create radio button (rated) question

create radio button (rated) question

by Michael Zehr -
Number of replies: 8

I'm trying to create a feedback template for use at the end of courses. I'd like to use the radio button (rated) as shown in the moodle help, however I don't see it on the list of drop down choices.  Does it have to be enabled somehow by the admin?  See the scrren show below.

Thanks for any help

Attachment feedback issue clipped.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Zehr

Re: create radio button (rated) question

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Michael,

Referring to your picture, select Multiple choice (rated). When the question editor opens, set the Multiple choice type to Multiple choice - single answer. In the Multiple choice values area, add your value for each choice, then a slash, then your choice. Place each number value and choice on a separate line.

Hope this helps,

AL

feedback sample

In reply to AL Rachels

by Michael Zehr -

Thanks, I see now.  Selecting adjustment horizontal lays them out sideways, which is what I was wanting.

I was hoping for something that was a bit more automatic, like a scale across the top, and simply a row of radio buttons for each question (within a set of questions that used the same scale).

But this will definitely work - thanks for the help!

In reply to Michael Zehr

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You can automate a little with copy and paste. Make your first question and the answers/scale. Select all the answers/scale and as you make each question, paste the answers/scale as needed.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Daphne Gonzalvez -

Multi-choice rated does not work. I get this response:

Saving failed because missing or false values

I've tried various ways of entering values, but no luck. Has anyone managed to get it to work?

In reply to Daphne Gonzalvez

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Daphne,
could you give me a little more information?

- What version of moodle do you use?
- How can I reproduce this error?

Best regards
Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Daphne Gonzalvez -

I am using Moodle 2.3. I have created many Feedback activities, but have not used the Multiple choice rated question.

Yesterday I created a Multiple choice rated question. When I did the Feedback activity, I got an error trying to submit.

How do I put in the rating values for each choice? There are no helpful notes for this - just 0/ in the list box.

Your help is appreciated.

In reply to Daphne Gonzalvez

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just follow the way they have it:

0/Answer1

1/Answer2

3/Answer3

Working for me...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Daphne Gonzalvez -

Thanks Emma . I thought I had done that -Will try it again.  Cheers!