Assigning a grade to a resource

Assigning a grade to a resource

by Scott Karren -
Number of replies: 4

Everyone

Is it possible to assign a grade to a resource such as a page or URL?  I have a couple of courses that users are required to view some pages and open links to external content and I have completion tracking setup for these.  I would like to know if there is some way to set or assign a grade to those pages that have been viewed.

FYI, I am using Moodle 2.3.4+(Build: 20130214)

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

Re: Assigning a grade to a resource

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Not as such; the workaround is to add a manual grade item in the gradebook and calll it "URL grade" or "page grade" but you would have to grade them yourself.

In reply to Scott Karren

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Not as such; the workaround is to add a manual grade item in the gradebook and calll it "URL grade" or "page grade" but you would have to grade them yourself.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Scott Karren -

Hmmm... Not the best solution, since there are alot of pages and URLs in these courses.  I suppose I could convert groups of pages into lessons.  May have to explore that some more.

Mary, thank you for your prompt and thoughtful response.

Scott

In reply to Scott Karren

by Paula Clough -

Scott,

Mary is correct that you could make a grade item.  Your idea of a lesson is a good one as well. Just to doing a little brainstorming here. This one is a some work as well, but you might include this in your research.  You could use a quiz and embed the link in the question or in a description, then put a question or two after that. This could automatically score through moodle on several types of questions.  The questions don't have to be content, depending on what you need, one could be, I have viewed the content.  The nice thing about this is you will also have a record of how long the student was in the quiz in the view attempts page.

Paula cool