Automated backup with specified directory

Automated backup with specified directory

by Antonio Piedras -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everybody,
in our moodle site, with 2.4.3 version, we have the automated backup of course with a specified directory to save the backup files.
But when we go to the restore area of course we don't see the backup file in the automated backups but the file exists in the specified backup directory.

Is this the normal behaviour of this feature?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonio Piedras

Re: Automated backup with specified directory

by Heather P -

Hi

I think it is normal. I just checked ours as we have it set to auto backup to a specified folder outside of the main Moodle website and outside of the main data folders, therefore you wouldn't expect it to be able to find the files to display in the restore option.

Regards

Heather

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, if you want to see it in the course area, you need to select the option that backups both to the course backup file area and the specified directory.  This will create two copies, one that can be accessed from the course and one in your directory.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Antonio Piedras -

I'm not sure of this, because if you make the process for first time then the backup files are seen, but from the second time onwards aren't seen but are made.
We have read the code and have seen that first time the system register the copy made in the files table but after don't made. Maybe is a bug.... we continue studying the code.

byes

by Simon Hall -

I have a similar issue - had chosen the option to back up to both locations which it did the very first time but then no more were carried out. When I chose just our own designated directory the backups worked for that option.

by Simon Hall -

I have a similar issue - had chosen the option to back up to both locations which it did the very first time but then no more were carried out. When I chose just our own designated directory the backups worked for that option.