Automatic Clean up of Assignment Submissions

Automatic Clean up of Assignment Submissions

by Pc Academy -
Number of replies: 5

Moodle 2.4.3+
I have not yet found a way to delete the assignments submitted by students. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe only a student can delete his/her own submissions.
My question is: if I unenrol a student from a course, will his/her assignments for that course be automatically deleted from the database?
What if I delete student account, will assignment submissions be deleted from the database then?
I'm sure Moodle does some sort of automatic clean up of the submissions once the students have been unenrolled and/or their accounts have been deleted; how often does this automatic clean up take place?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pc Academy

Re: Automatic Clean up of Assignment Submissions

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Katia Rossi

A teacher cant delete student submission he can only revert the student submission to draft. A student also can't delete submission after he has submitted the assignment (only do so when teacher revert it to draft).

When a student unenrol or deleted his files are not deleted, it still remains in the database.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Damyon Wiese -

Currently the only way to force student data to be cleaned up is to either reset the course or backup and restore it with no user data. It is an ongoing discussion about the best time to clean up this data (if ever).

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Pc Academy -

Thank you Sakshi and Damyon for your replies.
What does "reset the course" exactly mean? How do I do that?

In my case, students submit heavy files and with no clean up, the database will be full in no time.

In reply to Pc Academy

by Pc Academy -

Sorry, I meant moodledata will be full in no time.