I think the language file is a left over from where I renamed everything from standardbs and copied it up to the same, renamed repository on github - its not in my local version, so I will remove it from github asap - Done!
I'm not sure why you say I should have used shoelace as a parent - I haven't used shoelace at all, my only reference to it was a comment about the naming: bootstrap > shoelace > buckle - not that I have used it for anything. At present the idea is to simply use bootstrapbase as a parent and the intial codebase I used to clone was your simple theme, and then I've tried to keep up with some of the changes in the tracker since my intial clone After all, that was (my understanding of) the purpose of simple/clean - to be a theme for people to clone and build from, so that is what I am experimenting with
As for the renderer, well, the entire theme is still a work in progress, hence why its in github and not being submitted to the themes database yet, I know its not ready and I'm waiting for everything to settle down completely before I look at the renderer again, but the reason I have taken the bootstrapbase core renderer for now is because I wanted to remove some of the code from it for the way I want things to work and for initial testing purposes that was easier to do by using the full code, but I will certainly be taking a look at reducing the renderer down to just extending/changing the bits I need to by looking at the example you give
Likewise I realise that my docks.css is a full copy of the base and standard dock.css files and has not yet been consolidated.
I do consider this an experimental theme at the moment - if you like it's alpha code - and the purpose of it is to get valuable comments such as yours and Gareth's, both for my own learning and to make sure that as it goes through further development to a stage where it can be added to the themes database, I am going about things the right way with respect to Bootstrapbase