Students commenting on feedback?

Students commenting on feedback?

by Bill Antonia -
Number of replies: 5

Is there a way of enabling students to comment on the feedback provided by the person grading the assignments?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Antonia

Re: Students commenting on feedback?

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello

As such there is no setting for assignment to write comments (by students) on teacher feedback, but students can comment when they are submitting the assignments. Setting is "Submission comments" - If enabled, students can leave comments on their own submission. This can be used to let students alert the marker about which files the master file is in cases of inter-linked files, for instance.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Gary Sutcliff -

And where/how does someone read said comment?

In reply to Gary Sutcliff

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Gary

When submission comment setting is enable a student can comment on his submission. A new columm is added in the assignment grading table with name "submission comments" a teacher can read his comment and also can leave comment on it. and again student can also comment.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Gary Sutcliff -

This begs a few questions.

Is this be one more column that is off the screen for which I have to go to the bottom of the screen in order to scroll?  Of course, when I scroll, I lose the name off the other side and lose the connection student-to-comment.

Am I informed that the comment is there or, late in the term, will I have to scan through many assignments to find comments?

Can I reply to the comment there in Moodle and will the student be notified that a response to a comment has been made?

At the moment, I donot have access to Moodle due to system work else I would test this myself......

Moooooodle 2.4

In reply to Gary Sutcliff

by Bill Antonia -

Sounds close to what I have been asked to find out, thank you.

Is it possible to download the information or create some sort of report which includes these comments? I can see the "Include feedback in export" checkbox when exporting the data to XML but there seems to be no checkbox to include the comments.