Disable course registration/enrollment and keep available to previously enrolled users?

Disable course registration/enrollment and keep available to previously enrolled users?

by George Allakhverdyan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We redesigned our moodle course and due to structural changes we decided to create a new moodle course to replace it. However users are still finishing the existing course. During launch, we want to disable registration to the previous course, but retain access/availability for enrolled users to finish it.

I noticed hiding an enrolment method locks out all enrolled users from viewing the course even though it's available. This is similar to 195349 except the notion "teachers locking themselves" concluded in suggestions to prevent teachers from clicking hide on enrolment methods. My issue is the same, except I'm looking for ways to keep access/availability for enrolled users.

Changing course availability also blocks our users from accessing it.

Is it possible to keep access for enrolled users and disable registration? Any suggestions? Perhaps different approaches? (Trying to keep both courses in same db) 

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Allakhverdyan

Re: Disable course registration/enrollment and keep available to previously enrolled users?

by Rich Lewis -

Hello George.  I've run into the same issue and wondered if you had found a solution.

Thanks,

Rich Lewis

In reply to George Allakhverdyan

Re: Disable course registration/enrollment and keep available to previously enrolled users?

by Gerald Grow -

I want to do this, too.

My workaround so far is to edit the name of the course to end with "Closed to new students."

Technically, students can still enroll, but the name warns them not to.