Collapsed Topics for M2.4 and M2.5 updated.

Collapsed Topics for M2.4 and M2.5 updated.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

From the thoughts instigated by Ben Kelada on MDL-33115, I have updated the toggle event handling code and one bug fix.  You can get the updated versions from:

M2.4 -> https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=2875 - edited to update to fixed version.

M2.5 -> https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=2876 - edited to update to fixed version.

In theory, the updated JavaScript code will work (with slight modification) all the way back to the M1.9 version.  If this is required, then please contact me.

Also, the code should be more efficent in it's use of the YUI JS library, but I have not undertaken bench mark tests to determine this.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Collapsed Topics for M2.4 and M2.5 updated.

by Anant Sahni -

Dear Gareth,

I have installed the latest version of the plugin for Moodle 2.4.3 with Build No. 2013041102.

Couple of errors that I am facing are:

1. The images of arrow or any other icon set are not displaying.

2. On clicking on Open All/Close All, no action is happening

Have attached a screenshot of the same.

Any ideas/tips on what is the problem are requested.

Regards,

Anant Sahni

Attachment Coll topics error.jpg
In reply to Anant Sahni

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Anant,

Did you perform a 'Purge all caches' as stated in the Readme?

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Anant Sahni -

Great and thanks.

Solved the issue. 

My 2 cents - Since purging the cache could be a common problem, can you just include it as part of the installation so that this is executed by default, so we can just pre-empt these kind of minor issues.

Regards,

Anant

In reply to Anant Sahni

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Anant,

I've been thinking about this for a while.  And it might be possible to code a 'Purge all caches' event in the update script.  However, on the flip side, being an administrative and technical job to perform the upgrade I do expect the administrator to follow the installation / update guidance I've carefully written in the 'Readme' file as you would with any software of this nature in a multi-user environment where the level of expertese is such that it is greater than the average computer user.

Sometimes there is no substitute for reading the fine manual ;)

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)