Popup block checker in scorm

Popup block checker in scorm

by Kiran Sonawane -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

When popup block for browser the scorm pkg not run on new window that time gives the some popup block checker function use in moodle or not?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kiran Sonawane

Re: Popup block checker in scorm

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Kiran,

if I correctly understand your issue, you are experiencing popup blocking when opening SCORM packages in a new window. If this is the case, there is no way for Moodle to control how and when popup are blocked as it is a local browser setting.

You can try instructing your users on how to selectively configure their browser to avoid popup blocking from your Moodle site, or configure your SCORM activity to launch on the same window (which is a Moodle SCORM activity setting "Display package > Current window"), unless it is the SCORM package itself that opens it's own popup, in which case you still need to instruct your users about popup.
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Kiran Sonawane -

Thanks Andrea,

Can we give the alert in that where we open the  popup window.in view.js file if we try to add checker  funtion in that then we can easily gv the alert msg for popup block or not.

Thanks

In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Jean-Paul HORN -

Hi Andrea, 

I'm experiencing a very strange behavior of moodle :

• when I log as an administrator, I can open a scorm package in a popup window, without any problem
  • but whe I log in as a simple student, the popup window is blocked and I must authorize the popup windows in my browser.

strange, don't you think so

Jean-paul

In reply to Jean-Paul HORN

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'd guess you are using the setting "student skip content structure page" - when a student logs in they skip the initial content structure page and so the pop-up is not initiated on "user-action" causing your browser to block the pop-up. When an admin logs in you will see the content structure page and have to hit the button to launch the scorm which will be seen as a user-action so will not trigger the blocker.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)