Can't get responses to wrong answers to appear in Lesson Quiz Page

Can't get responses to wrong answers to appear in Lesson Quiz Page

by Rodney Wolford -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I am using Moodle 2.4.3. I have Lesson that begins with a discussion then goes to a multiple choice question where a trainee selects the correct area from an image.

For each of the questions six answers, I have written responses. For example, "Correct. You noticed blah,blah and so on" or "Wrong. You should have considered blah,blah and so on." 

When a person gets the RIGHT answer the response I have written appears next to the image letting them know they are correct and why (see image of Right Answer). But when the person gets a WRONG answer, it doesn't show the response I have written and the image doesn't appear either (see image of Wrong Answer).

I have looked through the "Lesson plug in options," the "Quiz plug in options," the "Course settings," and so on, but can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Can someone provide me with some direction?

Thanks,

Rod Wolford

Attachment Quiz_Right_Answer.png
Attachment Quiz_Wrong_Answer.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodney Wolford

Re: Can't get responses to wrong answers to appear in Lesson Quiz Page

by Rodney Wolford -

In part, I am answering my own question with this post from way back in 2011. https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=182421

However, I now wonder why the Lessons are still set up this way. At the time it was discussed as "not making sense" and "being looked into."

So let me add my suggestion that it be corrected as well. Seems a trainee should get feedback on their wrong answer then be allowed a second chance to get it correct. This is corrective feedback, whereas just sending them back to the question gives them no new information on which to base their second choice. Seems to violate the "constructivist" principles on which moodle is based. N'est Pas?

Or am I just a newbie missing something obvious to everyone else? Very possible, I am sure!

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rodney,

If you want your feedback for the wrong response to be displayed to the student, then you must set your lesson as follows:

Flow control
Provide option to try a question again No
Maximum number of attempts > 1
Display default feedback No

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Rodney Wolford -

Thanks Joseph,

That is what I ended up doing based on the link I placed in my second response. But, what I don't understand is what function the "provide option to try a question again" option offers if you can just set the maximum attempts > 1 and for the return page just use the question. That leaves me a bit confused.

Regards,

Rod Wolford

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Rodney "what I don't understand is what function the "provide option to try a question again" option offers"

I'm afraid I don't understand it either.wide eyes

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Rodney Wolford -

HA HA Very Logical! Made me Laugh!