Quiz question order: Randomizing with descriptions

Quiz question order: Randomizing with descriptions

by Lane Kisonak -
Number of replies: 2

In quiz settings, under Layout > Question Order, I'm wondering how to shuffle questions randomly on the same page while still keeping a Description question at the top of the page and not shuffled in with the other actual questions. My supervisor (whose courses I'm creating quizzes for) and I have tried to figure this out but have been unsuccessful so far . Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lane Kisonak

Re: Quiz question order: Randomizing with descriptions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well suppose you quiz comprises a description and 5 questions.

Place the 5 questions in a category in the question bank, then create your quiz by adding the description, and then adding 5 random questions from that category.

If you can't reorganise your question bank in this way, then you can't do it.

(I think I explained that really badly. Apologies if it is uninteligible.)

In reply to Lane Kisonak

Re: Quiz question order: Randomizing with descriptions

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Lane

A decription question in a question bank is not actually a question. Instead it is a way to add some instructions, rubric or other content to the activity. This is similar to the way that labels can be used to add content to the course page.  So it act as a label, it does not display randonly as other question display. It is fixed.