MDL-35305 : "Backing up a course containing a wiki with linked files fails to restore " is very important and critical bug

MDL-35305 : "Backing up a course containing a wiki with linked files fails to restore " is very important and critical bug

by Tatsuya Shirai -
Number of replies: 4

The issue reported by peter is related with https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=65819#p903924, too.

Now, we have tried to change main Moodle site from Moodle1.9 to Moodle2.4. I had upgraded old course data and restore it to new clean moodle2.4 site, however Wiki contents containing  images aren't displayed since attachments does not restore for filestorage.

The cause of the problem is just same as MDL-35305.

I debuged and found out a solution, then reported it yesterday.
The MDL-35305 is assigned no assignee since the issue was reported as minor priority. I think the bug is very very very important and critical, so not minor!

Please vote to the issue for assigning a assignee from moodle HQ!
Thankyou.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tatsuya Shirai

Re: MDL-35305 : "Backing up a course containing a wiki with linked files fails to restore " is very important and critical bug

by Tatsuya Shirai -

I proposed a countermeasure of the bug, but it's not reviewed that my solution is a right way and has no side effect.

If assignee is assigned by moodle.org, the assignee will test the solution is safe or not.

Re: MDL-35305 : "Backing up a course containing a wiki with linked files fails to restore " is very important and critical bug

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Very important! Thanks you for pointing that out. I have voited for it.

BTW, I have recently fixed an error in OUWiki 19 backup files (XML Schema) that did not restore into Moodle 2+ (See fix)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Tatsuya Shirai -

Thank you for voting!

Now, I does not use OUWiki...

O.K,I'll try to use OUWiki too, after upgrading our old contents from Moodle1.9 for Moodle2.4!

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OUWiki is much (much) better then Moodle'd core wiki. Both in Moodle 1.9.x and 2.x

Hope it will make into Core soon smile