Save/Export course as HTML files

Save/Export course as HTML files

by Damien Knuckey -
Number of replies: 8

I am in need of providing some of our courses for a student with no internet access at all. He has access to a PC with CDD.

I have been searching with no success for a way to save/export a specific course from moodle 2.? to a simple HTML (with attached PDFs etc) that can be saved to a CD and mailed to him.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Damien

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Damien Knuckey

Re: Save/Export course as HTML files

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Damien,

I don't know of any way to do what you are asking in Moodle, but I can suggest a possible way. eXe is a free program that lets you make a course/package like you need and export it as a common cartridge, scorm 1.2 zip, IMS content package, a web site, or a couple more options. I have used the web site option myself to do exactly what you want to do.

The web site export option can be a self-contained folder or a zip file. I use the self-contained folder option myself.

In fact, eXe and the self-contained web site is the way I have students create a portfolio of all the applications projects they have created for me this year. It can be placed on a CD or USB drive and students only need to know how to get to the index.html file. eXe has lots of capability as to the types of pages you can make.

Hope this helps,

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Damien Knuckey -

Thanks AL for the reply and info on eXE.

As we already have all our couse material in moodle, can that be imported into eXe or are you advising creating material from scratch in eXe?

Damien

In reply to AL Rachels

by Emilie Lenel -

Hi

I (re)open the subject of this 'old' forum post, i also posted a message on the french community

We do have the same concern here : distance-learning in prison, how can we offer access to our Moodle courses for prisoners... (without internet access, usb memory stick prohibited..), we can only provide dvd/cd-rom.

In april 2013, you mentioned the eXe free program, is it eXe learning ?  Did you find other option to save directly a moodle course as Html file/package ?

Thanks

Emilie

In reply to Emilie Lenel

by michael michael -
after exporte the course with exe program can we track the record of the student who attend this course.
In reply to Damien Knuckey

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Not exactly what you are asking, but how about the student creates a localhost moodle instance on their computer and then you can backup the courses in the normal way, copy them to a CD and they can be restored onto the localhost with full functionality

Richard

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Damien Knuckey -

Thanks Richard,

I should have said that this student is behind bars and therefore does not have his own computer and no access to the Internet. That might have avoided confusion ;)

He can use the prison's computer under supervision. I'm not sure what format my predecessor put the course onto CD for him though, so I'm looking for any suitable solutions.

thanks

Damien