Students disappearing from groups

Students disappearing from groups

by Derek Lawrie -
Number of replies: 2

We currently have manually created groups in each of our courses, which the tutors themselves manage. 

On one course and group I have a tutor emaling me every couple of weeks that one or two students (different ones each time) are missing from the group.

I have no idea if they are doing it accidentally or the students are somehow removing themselves or even if someone else with admin privileges is doing it.

I can't track through the logs who is accessing that particular course/group settings page, although I have setup Piwik to track and I can see it being accessed, but that's all I can see.

Does anyone know a way of tracking the groups membership? Or of even locking it down as it should not change over the course of an acedemic year.

As I say it appears to be only happening on one course, but it could be that other lecturers and tutors are just not reporting it to me or not even noticing. It's annoying because the tutor no longer trusts anything that happens in the Moodle install.

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Lawrie

Re: Students disappearing from groups

by ian lake -

With apologies, as this is neither help nor an idea, but we are in the same situation although it is happening over multiple courses and groups.

Ian

In reply to ian lake

Re: Students disappearing from groups

by Derek Lawrie -

No need to apologise, it's good to know that it's happening to other people!

Well, not good, but doesn't make me feel like I'm doing something daft to the system.

I've since discovered (about 20 minutes ago) that it is happening in multiple courses and groups for us as well, it's just that most staff were just shrugging and replacing the students in the groups and not complaining to me.

If you figure it out or hear anything elsewhere please do add it on here as I'm sure we can't be the only ones.

Derek