Mobile app hangs at authentication

Mobile app hangs at authentication

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 12
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm talking about this one - Mobile_app - and I am using Moodle 2.3.3.

Enabled the mobile option on the server side. I installed the app, typed in my sites address, username and password. It just sits there showing a box with 'Authenticating' at the top and the spinning wheel. A few of us have tried it with various connections to the interweb and no difference.

I'm not entirely sure where to start diagnosing the problem. Does it require any specific support through the firewall (other than http and/or https which should work fine)?

Attachment photo.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Mobile app hangs at authentication

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The app requires Moodle 2.4 to work, see:

http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Mobile_app and

http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Mobile_Moodle_FAQ

I just added a few lines for clarify this question

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is there no way the app could not detect the incorrect version. You're just going to get millions of 'this doesn't work' complaints in the app store from students if it just sits there and does nothing.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes, currently it should return a message like this one:

The app requires Moodle 2.4 or above

In your case, I'm not very sure what is happening. If you don't mind, you can send me privately your moodle site url and an basic account without privileges in order to find the reason you don't see the correct message.

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Howard Miller -

Sure - I'll get it added to our LDAP system as a guest account though. Then it's exactly the same as everybody else. That will take a few hours. 

BTW... I tried it on a 2.4 dev site (on the same network) and it was fine. 

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Eduardo Aspe -

Sorry to take an old post, but im having the same problem on moodle  2.9+.  Ive alredy enabled mobile service but after entering  credentials on the app, appears a sipining circle and nothing happens.

What i am missing?

Thank you for any help

In reply to Eduardo Aspe

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Eduardo,

can you facilitate me a test user account so we can check what is happening? You can send it via private messaging (via my profile options)

Regards, Juan

by Basem Wahba -

I am having the same problem on three different Moodle sites:

1. moodle.org
  2. mymoodlesite.MoodleCloud.com (where mymoodlesite is my site name)
  3. Moodle site hosted completely on my own hosting account (Moodle 3.1+ Build: 20160526)

My Android's installation is Moodle Mobile 3.1.0

(My iPad is working properly on the three sites)

All advices are really appreciated.

Thanks

Attachment IMG_1328.JPG
In reply to Basem Wahba

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Basem,

you say you're using Moodle Mobile 3.1.0, but the picture you're sending is from Moodle Mobile 1.

Can you please verify that the app version is 3.1.0?

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Basem Wahba -

Hi Dani,

Thank you very much for your reply.

After verifying my installed version, you are right, It's Moodle Mobile 1.15

So sorry for this. I thought that as I'm downloading from Play Store, it should be latest version.

I have uninstalled and re-installed, again it's Moodle Mobile 1.15

Thanks Dani again so much.

Attachment IMG_1332.JPG
In reply to Basem Wahba

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Basem,

it seems your device is running Android 2.x, unfortunately for those version only the Moodle Mobile 1.x versions are available.

Those versions are not maintained or supported anymore since they are quite old (we use now the Ionic Framework that is not compatible with that version).

If it's possible, you should try to update your Android device to Android 4.0 onwards

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Basem Wahba -

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your reply. And thanks for your explanation.

It's well understood. I will try to update to Android 4.0 if the device accept this, and then re-try with Moodle Mobile latest version.

I wish the best for you, for all Moodle Mobile contributors, and for moodle.

Best Regards