Can you mention your php, mysql version etc.
This issue may occur because of the timeout during the install.
I get this error_log file in moodle/admin/ on my webhost
[22-Apr-2013 17:41:13 Europe/London] Default exception handler: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: moodle_database::insert_record_raw() no fields found. Debug:
Error code: codingerror
* line 1092 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: coding_exception thrown
* line 1149 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
* line 599 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
* line 360 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
* line 1544 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
* line 349 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()
[22-Apr-2013 17:41:14 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'dml_exception' with message 'Table "config" does not exist' in /home/jhopeche/public_html/moodle/lib/dml/moodle_database.php:538
#0 /home/jhopeche/public_html/moodle/lib/dml/moodle_database.php(1695): moodle_database->where_clause('config', Array)
#1 /home/jhopeche/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php(1424): moodle_database->delete_records('config', Array)
#2 /home/jhopeche/public_html/moodle/lib/upgradelib.php(1260): unset_config('upgraderunning')
#3 /home/jhopeche/public_html/moodle/lib/upgradelib.php(1245): upgrade_finished()
#4 [internal function]: upgrade_finished_handler()
thrown in /home/jhopeche/public_html/moodle/lib/dml/moodle_database.php on line 538
[22-Apr-2013 17:45:27 Europe/London] Default exception handler: Could not find a top-level course! Debug:
Error code: nosite
* line 464 of /lib/datalib.php: moodle_exception thrown
* line 670 of /lib/setup.php: call to get_site()
* line 27 of /config.php: call to require_once()
* line 50 of /admin/index.php: call to require()
Looks like the installation failed:
These two in the error log:
no fields found
'Table "config" does not exist'
So using whatever tool you have to view the contents of databases (phpmyadmin? or other), see if there is a mdl_config table in the moodle DB. Also check that the user you had to give the install form has access rights to create tables. Also, on the form concerning the DB variables during initial installation, there was one field that already had the prefix _mdl filled in. Did you change that?
There is a way to 'fix' via command line /admin/cli/install.php BUT your requirement is cPanel.
Not sure that php-intl is not required to install. It is, however, recommended:
Looks like your easiest approach at this point is to re-install - from scratch.
However, maybe this might help:
There is more than one video on how 2 install Moodle via cPanel.
'spirit of sharing', Ken
Ok I had a look at those things, phpmyadmin shows that the database has lots of tables etc in, but I deleted the whole thing and tried again.
Still having the same problem.
The user for the database seems to have all the necessary permissions and i did not change the database prefx.
I have tried following that video guide but I still get stuck at the same hurdle.
I am trynig to follow the cli install now see if I get given an error.