Forum not sending notification emails

Forum not sending notification emails

by panagiotis karageorgos -
Number of replies: 4

I d like your help please.

This is a moodle 2.3.6 

I tried all the way to make a forum or news to send notification emails to subscribers  but no luck.

I ve tried optional, forced, auto subscription, also checked in users profile and they have:

Email digest type
  No digest (single email per forum post)  
Forum auto-subscribe
  Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum   
Forum tracking
  No: don't keep track of posts I have seen  

Other types of email sending have no problem as i checked self enrolment email and user to user email.
Is there a security issue or something that i may have missed?

Also when i post a new subject to a forum i use "send me email copies of posts to this forum" and "mail now" check box.

But no emails in my inbox

Thank you for help 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to panagiotis karageorgos

Re: Forum not sending notification emails

by Marlon Demos -

I also have the same problem

Post in dutch forum but still no reply

Help

PS. do you have a cronjob ?

In reply to Marlon Demos

Hello, yes i ve made a programmar in cron job. I have scheduled cron job to run every 30 min, but i saw no difference in sending emails to subscribers. 

In reply to panagiotis karageorgos

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Panagiostis

You have not enabled forum tracking in the user profile.

A user get a unread post notification on the course page.

or get a email in his mail account.

For doing this a student need to enable forum tracking in his profile setting page. Set the following options:

Forum auto-subscribe - yes: when i post, subscribe me to that forum. (A user can also subscribe for a individual forum from forum administration of a particular one)

Forum tracking - "Yes: highlight new posts for me"

There is one more settings > My profile settings > Messaging.

Enable email notification for forum both when i,m logged in and when i'm offline.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sakshi Goel

Hello   Sakshi

You mentioned correctly. Although i tested the "tracking forum" that seems to be a mandatory option for email notifications, i m not sure that this worked. 

Searching in moodle forums i discovered a similar situation, so i m following the solution described at: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=73279

As Brendan Blowers says in his post "

Solution:

It may be that the "cron" job is not executing properly. You have to set it up to execute various times per hour. This is especially important if you migrated or copied the moodle installation from another folder/website!:"

You  might take a look at this. Right now i made a programmar for cron job to run every 5 hours and i receive some emails from forums but not all of them.

I suspect that if i make the programmar more often may be i could get better results.

I m trying this now !

Thanks for your reply...