Adding custom terms to en Language pack

Adding custom terms to en Language pack

by Tee Prescott -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All

Is it possible to add custom terms for the Assignment and the Grade/Gradinging modules.  I would like to rename the word Assignment to WPP and rename the word Grade to Review/Reviewing.

I tried to modify an existing en language (eg en for American) but figured any changes I made would be overwritten in any future upgrade.  So am looking at using a custom language pack.  

Cheers

Tee.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tee Prescott

Re: Adding custom terms to en Language pack

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Tee. You can use the in-built Language customization tool. It can be used to amend strings in a way that they are not overwritten during the Moodle upgrade. There is no way to add new strings without modifying PHP code.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Tee Prescott -

Hi David

Thanks for your reply.  I am on 2.4 but do not have the "Check out strings to translator" button.   I only get the filter strings view.

I have setup a stand alone Moodle server on my own pc as my work is still on 2.2...soon to upgrade in the near future. 

Cheers Tee.

Attachment image.jpg
In reply to Tee Prescott

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The "Check out strings to translator" button appears at one screen _before_ the one with filtered strings, IIRC.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think "checkout strings to translator" now says "open language file for editing"?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)