Custom Enrollment Notice

Custom Enrollment Notice

by Jon Powers -
Number of replies: 2

Good Morning,

We have a course that we would like to use during a study which requires users to acknowledge and approve their willingness to participate in the study.  Is there a way to create a custom Message on a self enrollment?  I'd like to put the acknowledgement statement above the enroll so that they agree by clicking Enroll.

Thank You,

Jon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Powers

Re: Custom Enrollment Notice

by Michael Zehr -

I believe this is going to require programming unless something has just been added to core.  (I'm using 2.2.)

I've been editing some enrolment plugins, so I know how to do it on an enrol-method instance level, but it sounds like you need it on a course-level.

At the enrolment level, look at the messsages in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=189334 starting on March 27, 2013.

I haven't made any course customizations yet, but I think what you would need is to modify the course edit functionality to include a new field (like enrolment instructions) along the same lines as the course description.  Then in enrol/index.php, before displaying all the forms, get the message for the course and display it.

Michael

In reply to Michael Zehr

Re: Custom Enrollment Notice

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

You might try the waitlist enrolment in case the waitlist functionality does not bother you.

Flotter