re-arranging login page [moodle 2.4.3 latest]

re-arranging login page [moodle 2.4.3 latest]

by Jason Messer -
Number of replies: 4

I'm using self registration on moodle 2.4.3 latest, and I'd like to re-arrange /moodle/login so that the 'returning to the site?' is on the right, and 'is this your first time here?' is on the left.

I think I can edit index_form.php to achieve this, but I want to make sure there isn't a way to do this in moodle itself - I want to avoid customizations to our installation whenever possible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Messer

Re: re-arranging login page [moodle 2.4.3 latest]

by Christian Herman -

No way in Moodle's GUI per se, but it can be done using a provision of the GUI - and without editing the PHP.  All we have to do is swap the properties of each half of the login page.  Add the following to your theme's Custom CSS field at Administration > Appearance > Theme.

.loginbox.twocolumns .loginpanel { border-right: 0 none; border-left: 1px solid #DDDDDD; float: right; width: 49.5%; padding-right: 0; padding-left: 0.5%; }

.loginbox.twocolumns .signuppanel { float: left; padding-left: 0; padding-right: 1%; }

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Christian Herman

by Jason Messer -

Thank you!

There is a slight problem in that it pushes the 'new to site' block horizontally down the page when it is on the left hand side, but now that I know that I can do this with css rather than php I'm sure I can figure it out.

In reply to Jason Messer

by Christian Herman -

As I was experimenting with formatting I had that same issue but only had to modify the padding-left property, I think, to fix it.  It's probably a difference between themes.  Happy styling!

In reply to Christian Herman

by ExtensaLogic Scott -

Great tip. I was faced with the same issue using 2.2.9+. Unfortunately, I was using the anomaly theme which did not have an administrative customization interface. 

In this case, you will need to perform the following:

1) Locate the directory on the backend - in my case /docroot/theme/anomaly.

2) In "config.php" add a stanza  to include another style sheet (ie. customize.css)

3) In "/docroot/theme/anomaly/style/customize.css" - add your styles. These will be the last inherited in the execution chain to give your desired results.

cheers,

Scott