Badge criteria

Badge criteria

by William Mair -
Number of replies: 8

When taking a quick look at badges, I see that there are 3 criteria types.

Firstly,  how much would need to be done to add additional criteria (I'm guessing depending on the requested criteria) so that we could tell when a student (or staff member) has done something within Moodle (e.g. made a forum post)?

Secondly, within the profile completion criteria, I notice (this could be my setup, so apologies if I'm being stupid) that there is no option for profile picture as a completion field. Is there are reason for this? How easy is it to add this on (I think there'd be a few people wanting to award small badges for users adding their own picture - I know we'd be one of those)?

Thanks for any feedback on the above.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Mair

Re: Badge criteria

by Simon Coggins -

Hi William,

There are actually a couple more criteria - it's just that some criteria are only available to "site" badges and others only available for "course" badges.

If you look at the badges menu within a course (Course admin > Badges) you can create badges based on activity completion - so you should be able to do what you want already.

Creating new criteria types is relatively straightforward but does require a developer.

I agree about adding the profile image to the profile completion criteria. It was something we wanted to do but didn't get to it for the first version.

Simon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Simon Coggins

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

What would be very useful is for an admin to be able create and predefine badges at site level with default settings to be used at the course level.

In reply to Simon Coggins

by Sandy Hirtz -

I would like to award a leadership badge to course participants who volunteer to be a team leader in group activities. Can badges be awarded individually and if they not attached to an activity or assignment or grade?

In reply to Sandy Hirtz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Certainly -you can award badges manually to whomever you like.

In reply to Sandy Hirtz

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just set your criteria to award by role and then select the role of who is allowed to award the badge.  Once the badge is enabled, you will be able to go to recipients under the badge and award it to the students you wish.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jen Wagner -

I've uploaded a SCORM object as an activity, but it doesn't provide the SCORM object in the list of activities that I can assign as criteria for a badge.  Did I upload the SCORM object incorrectly?  How can I make this happen?  

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!