General help

Swisstac
login Problem

i have installed moodle 1.9.9 in sun solaris sparc 10 .,.,

after setting up the administrator , i logged out the site.,.,

after some time when i login into administrator it shows me

"NO DATA RECEIVED"

unable to load the webpage because the server send no data.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

error.,.,

please help me .,.,

thanks in advance..,.,

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Howard Miller
Re: login Problem
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Why are you installing a 3-year-old version of Moodle for a start?

For this error you will need to check the web server error logs. Something failed and will hopefully be logged.

Swisstac

installing 2.4 moodle stops in the middle of the installation,.,. after 3 to 4 minutes when reloading it goes into plugins upgrade page.,., doing the plugin upgrade leads to admin edit page asking password for moodle .,., after doing all the formalities, on clicking update profile it leads to a blank page.,.,

Reloading the page again leads to the admin edit page.,., this continues.,.,.,

so only i went into moodle 1.9.9 it installed succesfully.,., but after logging out .,., it doesnt login again..,., shows the above error.,.,

thanks for ur reply Howard Miller.,.

Please Help me .,,.

Picture of Howard Miller
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Personally - I would chase your 2.4 problems. Where are you trying to host Moodle? Does the service *definitely* meet all the requirements mentioned in Installation?

Swisstac

i was trying to install moodle in sun solaris sparc 10 which is unix environment.,

s the host at first didnt support for moodle 2.4 .,., it get struck with php_zip

latter i configured it.,., then moodle start to install .,.,

but it hangs in the moodle installations page with SYSTEM alone print in the top nothing comes as installed..,

while refreshing it gives me please wait site is upgrading.,.,

after 4 mins it send me to plugin upgrade page where i installed all the available blocks , activities, etc.,., again it lead to the page to configure admin, after configuring admin and clicking update profile it resulted in a blank page, after reloading it sends me back to admin edit profile asking to re-fill the same .,.,

this continued.,.,

so i ended up with installing moodle 1.9.9 which went fine .,.everything gets installed without any error.,.,

but i can work only one time.,., that too only during the installation .,.,

i can work with admin ,.,. create course, users, activities,, but once i logged out .,., that's it.,, i was not able to login as was mentioned before.,.

thanks for ur reply Miller.,

Please help me in resolving it.,.