Html Blocks not displaying in course

Html Blocks not displaying in course

by Burt Polesitter -
Number of replies: 3

I having tried creating multiple HTML blocks to display in the three seperate courses I have created. I am able to see the HTML block when logged in as an admin, but when logged in as a student they will not display in the courses. I have tried editing the permissions to view, I have purged all caches. Does anyone know of a solution to blocks not displaying in courses?

The theme is Zebra and I am using 2.4 moodle.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Burt Polesitter

Re: Html Blocks not displaying in course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The first thing I would suggest (never having used Zebra) is to try with the standard theme and see if students can see them then.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Also, after trying standard theme as Mary has suggested, can you make sure that your HTML blocks have some content? Because empty blocks will not be displayed to students

In reply to Burt Polesitter

by Burt Polesitter -

Thanks Marina and Mary for your replys.

I figured out my issue. I had the permissions to view the block set to prevent. Once I changed it to allow, I was able to view my menu in my site.