HTML Toolbar missing

HTML Toolbar missing

i le Brad Murry -
Number of replies: 6
Hi everyone.

We've just put up forums on our LMS but we are having difficulties with the HTML editor. We want to make our HTML editor to look like the one on this site with the WYSIWYG toolbar. However, as you can see from the screenshot I've put up, the toolbar seems to be missing.

We're using Moodle 1.4.x

The HTML editor is turned on in the configuration settings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brad
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brad Murry

Re: HTML Toolbar missing

i le Janne Mikkonen -
Is editor enabled also in users profile?
Are there trailing spaces in config.php file?
Is debug mode on?
What is your browser brand?
Are there anykind of firewall software involved?

- Janne -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

i le Brad Murry -
Hi Janne,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

The editor is enabled in the users profile. I've tried it on XP with IE and Mac OS X with Firefox and both don't work (however, I can see and use the HTML toolbar as I'm typing into this moodle forum).

I'm not sure about the other things you mentioned - I'm just a beginner. What do you mean by 'trailing spaces' in the config file? I don't think debug mode is on and I'm not sure about the firewall (do you mean firewall on the server?).

Basically at the moment students are entering in text and it all just comes up as a single line of unformatted text - they also can't see the toolbar.

Is it because I need to upgrade to 1.5?

Thanks again,

Brad
In reply to Brad Murry

i le Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz -

Hi Brad

I am also new to Moodle and had similar problems but in 1.5

go to Administration > Configuration > Editor settings.

On top of that page  "htmleditor" click "Allow" scroll all the way down "editor hide buttons" only tick the buttons you don't want.

Hope that is of help to you

Lori

In reply to Hansruedi (Lori) Lorenz

i le Brad Murry -
Hi Lori,

Thanks for your reply.

However, after I go to Administration > Configuration > Editor settings, the only options in 'htmleditor' is "allow" and "do not allow" - there is no "editor hide buttons" anywhere on the page.

I'm using moodle 1.4.x...

Cheers,

Brad
In reply to Brad Murry

i le Janne Mikkonen -
What exact version of 1.4.(1 or 2 or 3 or 4) you're using?
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

i le Brad Murry -
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help.

It ended up being a server issue that stopped the loading of some parts of the page. This error message used to come up - C:\Program Files\Zend\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll. The hosting company fixed that and the toolbar started appearing ata

Cheers,

Brad