Testing and QA

Picture of Helen Foster
Help needed with Moodle 2.5 QA testing
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi everyone!

With Moodle 2.5 due for release next month, we're once again running a QA testing cycle, starting today: Moodle 2.5 QA.

The new cycle has less tests than the 2.4 QA cycle, as over a hundred tests have been automated as part of the Behat project in Moodle (with thanks to David Monllaó), and are now run automatically every week. In addition to removing tests from the cycle, lots of new tests have been added to cover new features in Moodle 2.5.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 2.5 on our Moodle QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the QA testing guide and contact me if you'd like to be added to the testers group in the Moodle Tracker. New testers are always welcome. smile

We're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests within the next few weeks, so all help is much appreciated!

Average of ratings:Useful (4)
Picture of Nicolas Martignoni
Re: Help needed with Moodle 2.5 QA testing
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Count me in, as usual wink

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Jasmin Klindzic
Group TestersGroup Translators

Great news... Starting very soon! smile

Picture of AL Rachels
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Add me in, again. smile

Don't know if I will be able to help as much as the last cycle...no vacation time over the next few weeks, like I had before. sad

AL

Not me

Count me in...

Picture of Ivana Bosnic

I'd love to help again... smile

Picture of Nikunj Thakkar

Dear Ma'am,

I would also like to be a part of QA testing.Although I am new to moodle programming but I assure you that I will do my best to accomplish this task.

Thanks.

Picture of Andrea Bicciolo
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators
Hi Helen,

sure, I can help.

Picture of Joost Elshoff

I would also gladly help, so count me in!

Picture of Lynn Scarlet Clark

Hi Helen,

I'd be happy to help with testing again (especially as I was too busy during the last round).

C'est moi :-)
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi,

Count me in. Not sure i'll have lot of time, but will try to do some tests.

Séverin

Picture of Helen Foster
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

What a wonderful response! Many thanks everyone for volunteering and a special thanks to all of you who have already run some tests. According to the QA testing dashboard, we currently have 69 tests passed (15%) and 13 tests failed (2%). approve

Nikunj and everyone else who has contacted me to-date, I have added you to the testers group in the Moodle Tracker, so you too can pass or fail QA tests. New testers are always welcome if anyone else wishes to volunteer.

Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi Helen,

Just started to test MDLQA-5610, and everything is OK.

But it seems i don't have rights to modify anything, and mark the test as passed...

Séverin

And i can see that i don't have the "tester" group icon in group icons ; i think you just forgot me...

Séverin

Picture of Helen Foster

Sorry about that Séverin, I've just added you now to the testers group in the tracker; I've also added you Ayush.

You'll obtain a testers group icon when I next update the testing credits (within the next few weeks).

Thanks Helen,

Ok, i better understand that Moodle group is "disconnected" from tracker group/permissions.

Séverin

Picture of Helen Foster
Re: the testers group in the tracker and on moodle.org

Yes, just to clarify, the testers group in the tracker gives members permissions to pass or fail QA tests and add comments, whereas the testers group on moodle.org is for recongising testers by giving them an icon next to their forum posts.

Hopefully when moodle.org is upgraded to 2.5 we can make use of the new badges feature and award testers a badge!

Picture of ayush lodhi

ma'm i am not able to pass/fail test what should i do sad

Picture of Helen Foster

Apologies Ayush, I don't know what happened. Anyway you should be able to pass or fail QA tests now.

Picture of ayush lodhi

Thanks alot, smile

Picture of ayush lodhi

hii,

i would like to be a part of QA testing, please count me in .

thanks,

Picture of Kevin Wiliarty
Group DevelopersGroup Testers

I'm planning to help out again.

Kevin

Picture of Monico Briseño
Group Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Testers

Hi, Helen. I'm ready to help. 

Cheers

AOSIS Logo
Group Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Would certainly love to help again! Looking forward to starting tonight thoughtful

Picture of Sandareka Wickramanayake

Hi Helen, 

I too would like to help with QA testing. Please add me also. 

Thank you in advance 

Picture of Helen Foster

Thanks everyone for volunteering. Sandareka, I have added you to the testers group so you can help too.

According to the QA testing dashboard, we're now up to 121 tests passed (26%) and 16 tests failed (3%), which is fantastic considering the 2.5 QA cycle was started less than 24 hours ago!

Picture of Puneet Kala

Hi please Include me also in the list even I would like to contribute and help the organization, although I am completely new but I have a good experience of testing automation and I have a good knowledge of Selenium Web Drivers for Browser based testing automation. 

Puneet Kala

Picture of Alistair Spark

Hi Helen,

I would be glad to get involved.

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Count me in too. smile

Picture of Vinita Upadhyay

Hi Helen,

Please put me in Q&A testing.

Regards

Vinita

Austen Sinclair

Hi Helen

Can you count me in too! 

Cheers

Austen

Picture of Helen Foster

Puneet,  Alistair, Mary, Vinita, Austen and Andreas, you're all now members of the testers group in the tracker, so you can now run QA tests too. Many thanks for volunteering.

The latest figures from the QA testing dashboard are 185 tests passed (41%) and 18 tests failed (4%). Great testing everybody! smile

Hi Helen,

I'm not able to access Q&A testing site. Can you please help?

Regards

Vinita

Picture of Helen Foster

Vinita, are you still having problems accessing the QA testing site? It all looks fine to me.

My moodle username and password is not working on Q&A testing site. It seems that I'm not registered on the QA testing site as I have tried 'forgotton password' but didn't receive any email.

Is there any preferred browser for Q&A site?

Picture of Helen Foster

Vinita, you can log in to the QA testing site with one of the test accounts provided on the front page - for manager, teacher or student, depending on what you want to test.

The QA testing site is an ordinary Moodle site running the latest dev version, currently 2.5 beta, and so the browser requirements are the same as for any other site: Google Chrome 11, Firefox 4, Safari 5, Internet Explorer 8 (IE 10 required for drag and drop of files from outside the browser into Moodle) (copied from the Moodle 2.5 release notes).

Picture of Andreas Panagiotopoulos
Απάντηση: Help needed with Moodle 2.5 QA testing

Hello Helen,

count on me too!

Andreas

Picture of Raju Patel

Hello helen,

I am also intrested to help for Testing ..How can I start.

Raju Patel

Picture of Iain Gray

Hi Helen

I'd like to join the testing group.

Kind regards

Iain

Picture of Helen Foster
Re: admin access to the QA testing site

Thanks Raju and Iain, I've added you to the testers group in the tracker too.

If any tester would like admin access to the QA testing site (as certain tests require it), please contact me. We don't provide a public admin account for the QA site, like we do for the Moodle demo site, as lots of people playing can quickly mess up the site, however testers are welcome to make use of the QA site admin account.

Picture of Farhan Karmali
Group Testers

Hello Helen

I would like to help in testing too , Please do send me the details.

Picture of Helen Foster

Thanks Fahan, I have added you to the testers group in the tracker too.

I also think that, when you've done the required tests, it's a good idea to make them again (before clicking "pass"), trying to use characters with accents (for names, folder names, filenames) or special characters.

Because sometimes they may not be well handled thoughtful

Séverin

When I'm not working...

Ready and willing!

Picture of Helen Foster

Alan, thanks for offering to help with QA testing. Please could you create an account in the Moodle tracker then I can add you to the testers group.

When I'm not working...

Done.  User name: alan.hald

Thanks!

Picture of Graham Stone
Group Testers
HI Helen, You can count me in again too. Thanks,

Picture of Jeffrey Wokocha

count me in for the QA testing

Picture of David Perry
Group Testers

+1 for me.

We were planning to update to 2.4 (from 2.3) this summer, well our chief admin will be whilst I'm on paternity leave, but if 2.5 will be out and initial post-release issues ironed out, and we don't find any major objectionable changes in a test installation (the big thing that pissed us off was loss of per-user AJAX on/off setting in 2.3) we might get up to 2.5.

Picture of Richard Oelmann
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi David - Off topic from the original purpose of the thread but - I don't know if you already have it but there is a local plugin that you can add to allow individual users to turn Ajax on and off - called 'profileswitches'

Richard

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Moodle 2.5 QA testing - 64% passed - great work!

Thanks Alan, Jeffrey and David, I've added you to the testers group in the tracker.

Many thanks again to everyone for helping with QA testing.

According to the QA testing dashboard, we're currently on 290 tests passed (64%) and 12 tests failed (2%) in just 4 days of testing! Great work everyone! approve

Developers are busy fixing all the problems identified in test failures so that the tests can be reset and run again. As with previous QA cycles, we're aiming for a 100% pass rate before releasing Moodle 2.5. Thus, more testers are always welcome!

Picture of Jaswinder Singh

Hi Helen, I too want to contribute in testing. Please send me the details..

Picture of Sakshi Goel
Group Testers

Hi Helen

I also want to join this to help in QA testing. Please add me too.

Picture of Stefan Rudin

Hi Helen

You can count me in.

Thank you!

Stefan

Picture of Rohith eAbyas

Hi Helen Foster,

I would like to help in Moodle 2.5 QA testing.

Please add to me too

-Thanks

Foto de Eduardo Rodrigues

Hi Helen,

I would like to participate in Q&A testing. Please add me in.

Regards

Picture of Helen Foster
Re: Moodle 2.5 QA testing - 90% passed!

Thanks Sakshi, Stefan, Rohith and Eduardo, I've added you all to the testers group.

It's just over a week since we began our 2.5 QA cycle, and we're up to 403 tests passed (90%), 11 tests failed (2%) and just 31 tests left to be run. A huge thank you to everyone for helping with QA testing. This cycle is the fastest ever! approve

So, Helen,  maybe you could create an Open Badge with Yuri Gagarin for all of us fast and daring QA testers? ;)

Picture of Helen Foster

We will definitely be looking at creating some badges on moodle.org after the site is upgraded to 2.5.

In the meantime, everyone who has helped with the 2.5 QA cycle is listed in the Testing credits. Also, testers who are enrolled in this course are included in the testers group and have a testers icon / badge next to their forum posts.

Many thanks again everyone for your help. smile

Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi, all daring testers,

Sorry I missed all the fun this time. Was away from base from some time, then busy working on Moodle add-ons.wink

Joseph

Picture of Prateek Sachan

Hi Helen,

I would also like to participate in Q&A testing. Please add me in.

Regards.

Picture of nayan v
Group Testers

Hi Helen,

I am well versed with moodle overall configrations. You can add me to the tester list.

Picture of Helen Foster
100% pass rate for Moodle 2.5 QA tests

Many thanks again to everyone who has helped with QA testing recently. As I just posted in the moodle.org news, we now have a 100% pass rate! approve

Nayan, thanks for offering to help with testing. Until the next QA testing cycle, you are welcome to try things out on the QA Testing site and post here about any issues you come across, or any questions you have. If you come across any bugs (obvious problems), please report them in the Moodle tracker.

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
Picture of Maxi Lopez Prieto
Re: 100% pass rate for Moodle 2.5 QA tests

Sorry to ask the question here, but need to know when will be available the version 2.5 stable. We need to update our moodle. Need to update our moodle and we are hopeful. Thanks

Picture of Dan Marsden
Group DevelopersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Translators

The release cycle is detailed here:
http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Releases#General_release_calendar

If you scroll to the top of that page it will show the specific date for 2.5 release.

So, mojitos for everyone, then! :D