moodle 2.3, use of groups in course , limits student's participant list in quickmail

moodle 2.3, use of groups in course , limits student's participant list in quickmail

by Tania L -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am no a programmer but support faculty with moodle. I am looking for advice about using "groups" feature properly.  

If a course has groups setup , we are noticing the students report they cannot see full list of participants anymore when they compose quickmail message.  Is this normal? is there a groups setting I am missing?

or if normal, is it then suggested that I setup a separate group called "ALL Participants" for example and assign all students to that group so that they can email all classmates?

Please let me know if I can provide any info to help clarify situation.  Much thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tania L

Re: moodle 2.3, use of groups in course , limits student's participant list in quickmail

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello

Check the course settings there should  be "Visible group" for Group mode and force group mode to yes.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

Re: moodle 2.3, use of groups in course , limits student's participant list in quickmail

by Tania L -

Thanks, but I am also wondering if doing that will restrict student's quickmail options to only those in their group?