General help

Picture of monkey _123
moodle 2.3, use of groups in course , limits student's participant list in quickmail

Hi,

I am no a programmer but support faculty with moodle. I am looking for advice about using "groups" feature properly.  

If a course has groups setup , we are noticing the students report they cannot see full list of participants anymore when they compose quickmail message.  Is this normal? is there a groups setting I am missing?

or if normal, is it then suggested that I setup a separate group called "ALL Participants" for example and assign all students to that group so that they can email all classmates?

Please let me know if I can provide any info to help clarify situation.  Much thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Sakshi Goel
Re: moodle 2.3, use of groups in course , limits student's participant list in quickmail
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hello

Check the course settings there should  be "Visible group" for Group mode and force group mode to yes.

Picture of monkey _123
Re: moodle 2.3, use of groups in course , limits student's participant list in quickmail

Thanks, but I am also wondering if doing that will restrict student's quickmail options to only those in their group?