Sliding progress scales (possible block)

Sliding progress scales (possible block)

by Travis Wilhelm -
Number of replies: 0

I had a request from a teacher which sounds like a useful idea. I am not sure if something already exists or whether someone might be able to help develop it.

They wanted to be able to track how students are going in a couple of specific criteria, using a sliding scale which the teacher can edit, and the student can view.

I would imagine it as a block which would sit inside the course. The teacher would need a fairly nice interface to edit the scales (and customise what they want to 'grade' on the sliding scale). In this case it was about a research section of work, and they wanted to be able to show the student (and keep their focus on) "Detail" and "Depth" - so with a clear vision representation of how much "Detail" they were at at the moment, and how much "Depth" they were showing. The teacher would update these regularly, and the student wouldn't interact with them at all.

Does anyone know if something like this exists already or could be modified to make it work? It sounds like an interesting idea which could have a variety of uses.  Any thoughts or discussion would be appreciated in order to clarify what I am meaning as well (if it doesn't come across in that description).

Thanks in anticipation!

Average of ratings: -