OK, I know this is a browser issue but I has anyone found a solution?
This is what I have done:
- Added a lot of files into the course files section
- Linked to them on the course page by adding a resource
The problem: When a student clicks on the file it is opened in IE !!!
Student has to :
- Save the file in IE
- Close the IE file down
- Open the file either directly or
- Is there a way of changing all of our workstations (XP, 2000, NT) to force a Save / Open dialogue
- Include a link so you can right click on it (see naff disk mock up below)
This is causing a lot of problems for some of our lesser skilled pupils / teachers.