Adobe Connect

Re: Adobe Connect

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Adobe Connect..hahahahahaaaa!!!!

EDIT: Sorry, that was really unneccessary sarcasm..  No, you don't need Adobe Connect... and actually, I would argue that outside of InDesign, it is likely that there is nothing else of Adobe that anyone really needs, not anymore.

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -

Hi Colin,

If you want to use webinars and share your screen, what would you recommend? I've been looking into big blue button.

In reply to Bonnie Mioduchoski

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

BBB has a good reputation, there is the occasional glitch but not often and the BBB community can be helpful. Depending on your situation, costs may play a role in your decision making processes. I suspect that BBB may be a little less financial drain than Connect. They both use the same technologies so there is no hardware savings to be made, it is only in licensing. Overall, if you are a large company unfamiliar or uncomfortable with Open Source, the (what we laughingly call) support of known predators like Adobe or Microsoft may be a more attractive option.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -

Hi Colin,

Thanks - I appreciate your insight. We are a small company (a nonprofit) and don't have a dedicated support person. I think that's why Adobe has been good so far. I do like BBB but am not sure we'll be on a server set up that will support it yet. We may consider moving to Amazon Web Services but that's definitely over my head right now. smile Thank you!!