I have been updating the moodle docs in spanish (http://docs.moodle.org/all/es/P%C3%A1gina_Principal). There is one combined version for all Moodle branches for both International spanish and Mexican spanish.
But recently, my 2.5dev local server began attempting to link to non-existing pages.
For example: When a user navigates to register a moodle site (Administration > Site administration > Registration) and then clicks on the 'Moodle docs for this page' link at the bottom of the page, the addresses being linked to are:
- English: http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/admin/registration/register (works ok after redirect)
- International spanish: http://docs.moodle.org/25/es/admin/registration/register (works ok)
- Mexican spanish: http://docs.moodle.org/25/es_mx/admin/registration/register (this does not exist)
- Portugues portugues: http://docs.moodle.org/25/pt/admin/registration/register (redirects to english docs ok)
- Brasilian portugues: http://docs.moodle.org/25/pt_br/admin/registration/register (redirects to http://docs.moodle.org/all/pt_br/admin/registration/register (this does not exist)
I know I am asking about an upcoming 2.5 branch, but my concern is about the /es_mx/ part (and the /pt_br/ part) of the address. Does this mean there will be separate documentation folders for international and mexican spanish languages (very cumbersome, will likely cause many user problems) for the 2.5 branch? And separate portuguese folders? , or maybe it just means that someone has to fix that part of the moodle interfase so that both language users will be pointed towards the same documentation pages (the existing /es/ and /pt/ folders) ?
Brasilian portugues and portugues portugues seemingly share the same issue as international and mexican spanish.
I reckon Moodle 2.5 is well ahead in the future, and this might not be the best place to raise this issue, but I hope David or somebody else will soon figure this out and fix it. I have copied this post to AMOS site forum (http://lang.moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2963)
Thanks in advance for your help.