Moodle 2.5dev links to wrong language addresses of Moodle docs pages

Moodle 2.5dev links to wrong language addresses of Moodle docs pages

by Germán Valero -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I have been updating the moodle docs in spanish (http://docs.moodle.org/all/es/P%C3%A1gina_Principal). There is one  combined version for all Moodle branches for both International spanish and Mexican spanish.

But recently, my 2.5dev local server began attempting to link to non-existing pages.

For example: When a user navigates to register a moodle site (Administration > Site administration > Registration) and then clicks on the 'Moodle docs for this page' link at the bottom of the page, the addresses being linked to are:

I know I am asking about an upcoming 2.5 branch, but my concern is about the /es_mx/ part  (and the /pt_br/ part) of the address. Does this mean there will be separate documentation folders for international and mexican spanish languages (very cumbersome, will likely cause many user problems) for the 2.5 branch? And separate portuguese folders? , or maybe it just means that someone has to fix that part of the moodle interfase so that both language users will be pointed towards the same documentation pages (the existing /es/ and /pt/ folders) ?

Brasilian portugues and portugues portugues seemingly share the same issue as international and mexican spanish.

I reckon Moodle 2.5 is well ahead in the future, and this might not be the best place to raise this issue, but I hope David or somebody else will soon figure this out and fix it.  I have copied this post to AMOS site forum (http://lang.moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2963)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Germán Valero

Re: Moodle 2.5dev links to wrong language addresses of Moodle docs pages

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi German,

Firstly, great work and many thanks for your contribution to the Spanish Moodle Docs. approve

As you've noticed, the new English 2.5 documentation wiki has recently been set up. The different language redirects are rather complicated, however they should do the same for 2.5 as for 2.4 and other previous versions. I created the issue MDLSITE-2207 for checking them. Going through your list, I found es_mx working incorrectly, but I thought pt and pt_br were OK. (Historically, pt has always redirected to the English docs rather than to pt_br.) I may be wrong though! Please comment on the issue as necessary.