How To: Message all online users|Moodle 2.4.1

How To: Message all online users|Moodle 2.4.1

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 3

Lets say we need to do an urgent upgrade, is there a way to message currently online users easily?

Or failing that, the closest possible option to this.

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: How To: Message all online users|Moodle 2.4.1

by Mike Finney -

The quickest is the bulk user actions under users in the site administration. Just choose the send message option. Let me know if you need further assistance.

In reply to Mike Finney

by Derek Chirnside -

Mike, looked at this, I cannot see a way to choose just those people online or who recently logged in.  Am I right: sending a message gets sent via e-mail of you are not online?

I'd thought of something like this:

=List sorted by last login.     Tick Boxes at side

=At the bottom, "send message" option

Manually tick the 40 or so online in the last hour.   ??

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Derek

In moodle you can send message to online users but not in bulk you have to send one by one. For doing this you need to add "Online users" block from add a block drop down menu. Then users who are online you can send message to individually.

Or

For sending message in bulk go to Settings > Site administration > Users >Accounts > Bulk user actions. Click on "show advanced" on the right side of the page in the filter section. you can add filter for First access (speficy date after or before) , last access (specify date after or before) and click "Add filter" button. Then the results will be filter out. You can select all user and add to selection then send message to them with selected user action.

(Hey right now i am unable to attach screenshot for example because of moodle.org server problem. I will attached it soon)