can login to moodle but can't access course

can login to moodle but can't access course

by Jan Chadwick -
Number of replies: 3

I have been using Moodle for a course and yesterday I changed my admin password and uploaded some files; all was well.  Today I can log into moodle, but cannot access the course.  It states:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

I contacted the host and they said to contact moodle since they are 3rd party and they don't see anything wrong on their end.  My students can't access the course, but can login.  Any advice what to do or whom to contact would be greatly appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan Chadwick

Re: can login to moodle but can't access course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Something IS wrong at their end though.... "The server encountered.....". That's not a Moodle message, it's from their server.

Go back to them and insist on some sort of diagnosis for that error.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Jan Chadwick -

Okay, thanks, I have done so.  Hopefully this will work out.  I can't edit or create a new course either, so I can't mirror what is in my class even though the SQL database is there with everything in it.  Frustrating.

In reply to Jan Chadwick

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I should have mentioned, you can help them by turning up Debugging to 'Developer' level. This should place a trace in their logs (you might see it yourself on the screen). This information will be needed (by us) to diagnose the problem.