Participation Report - can't find it Navigation! Moodle 2.4

Participation Report - can't find it Navigation! Moodle 2.4

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I'd love to understand how people are participating so I can also contact inactive students. The participation report mentioned here on the site says: "A participation report for a particular activity can be generated by a manager, teacher or non-editing teacher (or any other user with the capability report/participation:view) in Navigation > Courses > My course > Reports > Participation report."

I don't see Navigation in my site. I can go to Course Administration > Courses but not Navigation from site admin or course admin. Please help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bonnie Mioduchoski

Re: Participation Report - can't find it Navigation! Moodle 2.4

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You are using Moodle 2.4, yes? Do you have the navigation block in your course?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -

Hi Mary,

Yes - using Moodle 2.4. I don't see the navigation block as an option under "add block" or under plugins. Is that where it would be? Is it something you install as an add-on? Any help would be SOO appreciated. I've been struggling with this. smile THANKS!

In reply to Bonnie Mioduchoski

by Tzvi Daum -

Well..I finally figured out why I couldn't find any Activity Reports for the past year. The simple reason was that I didn't realize I could (and had to) expand the Navigation block. I am attaching a screen shot so you can see the difference.

Perhaps due to the theme which really makes the the light grey plus/minus symbols really hard to see I had never expanded the block. Once I expanded the navigation block I was able to access the activity reports within it. In any event, this is where it is for those who need help with this in the future.

I am using Moodle 2.4

Attachment navigation.png