getting to web site without the /moodle

getting to web site without the /moodle

by DeWayne Demland -
Number of replies: 7

is there any way to, even with a script, get a domain to go directly to the moodle folder without place the /moodle after the domain name? I have corrected this by placing all the moodle files in the root www folder. How do you acomplish this by using the moodle folder?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to DeWayne Demland

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: getting to web site without the /moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It's possibly too late at night for me, but haven't you got that refresh thing the wrong way around? This would be going TO the /moodle style URL not FROM.

In reply to Howard Miller

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to DeWayne Demland

Re: getting to web site without the /moodle

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Change the DocumentRoot setting of your web server (you don't say what web server you are using so it's hard to be specific). For example for Apache...

Before..
DocumentRoot /var/www
After...
DocumentRoot /var/www/moodle

...and restart the server. You really need to know (i.e. find out) a little bit about how the web server you are using works. It's not a Moodle issue per se.