General help

Mary Cooch
Re: adding parent role
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Did you definitely tick the box to assign the parent role in the user context when you created the new role? Creating custom roles

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mitchell van Gerwen
Group Testers

No, I didn't and that was the problem. Thank you for your quick reaction Mary.

Now I have the next problem. I have related a parent user to his 'child user' and I have added the mentees block on the start page of the parent. the parent sees the name of the child in that block. when I click on that user and I go to grades report. the report is empty but i have graded that account on an assignment in a course. I have double checked the permissions of that role.

do you know what I am doing wrong this time? smile

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Make sure you click on a course first before clicking the grades -click a blue link in the child's profile to get into a course and then look. There is a screencast here  - look from 2.50 at how he gets to see the gradebook