Assignment File attachments

Assignment File attachments

by David Pike -
Number of replies: 6

Moodle 2.4.1

I'm creating a course where the instructor wants the students to create 30 separate documents over the life of the course.  I was thinking that I could just use the Assignment activity and let the students just add the documents to the assignment each week - but the max allowed is 20.  Any way to change this?  Or is there another method to accomplish this (like... a student folder they could use?)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Pike

Re: Assignment File attachments

by ben reynolds -

If they are entirely different files, why not make 30 different assignments? Makes record keeping much easier.

In reply to ben reynolds

by David Pike -

Well, it's just one ongoing assignment among many.  It's a course that lasts an entire school year, and there's probably 20 assignments as it is... making it 50 would seem daunting (and cluttered).  I guess I'll have to teach them how to use Google Drive and share folders with me... /-:

In reply to David Pike

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Actually, if you are happy or able to dig into the code you can probably find the file to change the default number of uploaded files to more than 20. I recall doing it in 1.9 (when assignments were separate and it was the Advanced Uploading of Files) and I don't see why it should be different now, except you would have to look at a different file.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In my moodle2.4 it appears to be in the file /mod/assign/submission/file/locallib.php on line 34

define('ASSIGNSUBMISSION_FILE_MAXFILES', 20);

HTH

Richard

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by David Pike -

Thank you!  I'll see if I can't track it down