Scheduler -

Scheduler -

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 5
I wonder if anyone can help, I have tried to ask for assistance within the Scheduler forum without any replies and I am now so very frustrated I hope someone here can help.

1) I have uploaded scheduler in moodle 2.4 as admin everything is working fine. But I have assigned a person to teacher role - in the admin capabilities my Teacher role can access everything in courses and activities. But when I login as the teacher and try to add a scheduler I can get to the first page to give it a name etc., but when I click save and am taken to the next page I do not see the "add slots".

As the teacher I then have checked the users>permissions>check permissions select the teacher and here I can see the permissions "Manage your slots and appointments" is set to No
"Manage all scheduler data" is set to No

Even though I have repeatedly checked the Teacher role and confirmed the capability is checked as allow.

The only time I can get this teacher to be able to create a scheduer is when I assign him the front page role - but I don't want this person to have access to the front page settings.

I am tearing my hair out with frustration I just don't see what I am missing - can anyone help? please x

Yours in desperation sad
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: Scheduler -

by Christian Herman -

Have a look at those capabilities on the Authenticated User role. They should be Not Set.  If it is set to either Prohibit or Prevent, the conflict between Authenticated User's deny and Teacher's allow will take the safe route and deny the capability.

In reply to Christian Herman

by Sarah Jane -

Hi christian

Thank you so very much for your response. I have entered site admin>users>define users>Authenticated user and see every area is set to Not set. as per default.

I have also checked all others and have made sure that they are all set at the default settings.

I see that when the teacher accessesthe site under Activities there is scheduer - the teacher can click on this see available appointments and is taken to the page where he can add his slots. - GREAT!

However, he is still unable to get to this stage when he enters a course, and adds an activity - scheduler all he gets is the first page and then to a page "Add a new scheduler" click save and display and he sees "There are no appointment slots available" see image.

My understanding is that he could add slots to the courses he has permission to edit - again I am missing something.

Any further ideas - Please?

Thank you

Sarah x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Christian Herman -

When you say the teacher is able to "access the site under Activities", what do you mean?  Please describe the circumstances in which he can access Scheduler properly.  From the Navigation block on the frontpage?  When adding an activity to the frontpage?  Was this something that worked before but now doesn't?  Any changes to system lately?

And to cover the basics, the teacher user is assigned the Teacher role (with the Scheduler capabilities) in the course context, correct?  Could you also check if any roles other than Teacher and Authenticated User are listed at the top of the check permissions page you mentioned earlier?

by Christian Herman -

Your teacher doesn't happen to also have a student role in the course, does he?  There's a bug in Scheduler that forces the student role in this case, hence, no Add Slot button.

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-4218

by Sarah Jane -

Hi Christian

You are my saviour smile I have removed the client role and hey presto all is well!

Thank you so very much x