Undefined index CONVERSATIONS

Undefined index CONVERSATIONS

by Robert Brenstein -
Number of replies: 3
I am creating a new Moodle course by restoring a backup and I am getting "Undefined index: CONVERSATIONS" when dialogs are restored. I was doing the same thing last month and I do not recall such a message. Clearly, there is something amiss in the database. Any ideas how to fix it? This is Moodle 1.9.17+ btw.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Brenstein

Re: Undefined index CONVERSATIONS

by Robert Brenstein -
I followed up on this more. Server logs shows that this is a recurring error, so nothing truly new now. Also, it has nothing to do with the database it seems. The msg refers apparently to an index of an array in the code in restorelib.php

$conversations = $info['MOD']['#']['CONVERSATIONS']['0']['#']['CONVERSATION'];
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Troy Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Robert,

Dialogue 1.9.x is no longer supported. You could check course backup file you trying to restore that has failed... unzip check xml file that <conversations> tag exist. That only way can see it failing xml section doesn't exists or the parsing of xml to array failed somewhere. Sorry, I know this doesn't really help you much sad

Troy

In reply to Troy Williams

by Robert Brenstein -
The error is reported only if I import with option to import user data. Notably no user dialogs were saved in the export file, so there are none to import.

I will look whether this is handled better in currently supported version when I get a chance, but since I am the only one seeing this error and it has no negative side-effects for us, I can live with it. I asked here hoping that there is a simple and known fix.