Which organization for keeping a good response time ?

Which organization for keeping a good response time ?

by vouty - -
Number of replies: 0

Hi !

I'm starting a course with Moodle 2.x.x, and I'd like to implement an organization who keep good response time. Course would be like this :

_ now 30 users, later  : 1000 users

_ 20 topics in the course

_ Each course would have  around 150Mb of files

* text (4 pages)

* pdf, .... 4x50mb

*  Pictures :  20x50kb , 10x150kb,  5x300kb

* Videos : 3x50Mb (flv)

I have 3 questions

First question is about response time : Is it better to keep the files in the database or outside with links ? where to put them  and to keep them private ?

Second question : if I put files outside the website (links), is it possible to indicate to Moodle a change of the address ? (e.g. "files_location" would be with an other value  in this example :  5 folders (images, videos, documents ...) and the address would be for a video  : "files_location"/videos/video1.flv). I mean : is it possible to define different parameters that you can change later (e.g. : changing the host for files) . How to implement in Moodle when starting the beginning of development ?

Third question : For a beginner like me , is it possible to have a development with files in the database and to have already this alias "files_location" . I mean , in case of overload, I can put a copy of files at an other place outside of the database, on a server and simply change the value of "files_location". Does it any any common sense for response time optimization ?

I hope that my questions aren't too weird

Thank you very much

Average of ratings: -