Restore Moodle course backup

Restore Moodle course backup

by Ketan Deore -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have a moodle course backup 1 to 2 Gb. how i restore the backup to another moodle. I use the moodle 2.3.when I restore the backup moodle encounter the error " File Size is exceeded ". Please help me how i restore the  backup.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ketan Deore

Re: Restore Moodle course backup

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Sounds like a max size uploads issue in config of PHP/site.

One way around that could be ...

In the Moodle server to which you are trying to restore, turn on File System Repositories.  Manually create a folder called 'restores' in moodledata/repository/.  Set permissions for that folder where the web server user can see it.

Then create a category and a course called 'restores' - can be hidden if you like.  No other users need be assigned to the course if you are System Admin.  In that 'restores' course, create a file system repository that points to the 'restores' folder.

Using scp/sftp/ftp upload the larger than allowed .mbz backups to the moodledata/repository/restores/ folder - directory.

In the 'restores' course, use the restore link in the course admin menu to restore the courses from the repo to any other category you have created.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Restore Moodle course backup

by pat medi -

Hi, just follwed your description, I work with moodle 2.4 it works, but when i want to install the backup i get this error: error/tmp_backup_directory_not_found, i changed all rights to 777 in moodledate - but nothing....

i uploded the mbz file via ftp.....

Any idea where the problem could be?

Thanks , regards...