Moodle 2.5 code freeze has begun

Moodle 2.5 code freeze has begun

by Dan Poltawski -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

As advertised on the Integration, exposed forum, the code freeze for Moodle 2.5 began yesterday. This means that we will only be accepting bug fixes into core for the next month or so, until the release of Moodle 2.5. [1]

With a shortened period for development this cycle, the integration team would like to extend thanks to everyone for getting your code submitted in time, especially all those last minute issues we've got in the last few days.. angry heart

Over the next week we will be working our way through the backlog of submitted issues integrated and aim to start 2.5 QA after this is completed. Moodle 2.5 sees the first release with automated behat tests, so we should see some of the QA tests run automatically and we'll continue to accept new behat tests to help with this effort.

If you are a plugin author, it is probably best to wait until at least next week before starting to check your plugin for 2.5 compatibility as this will be a busy week of changes in the codebase.

If you are a developer with code integrated in 2.5, please start filling out Moodle 2.5 Release Notes with the fantastic features you've added.

cheers!

Dan and the Integration team

[1] All rules are made to be broken, if necessary (devil)

Average of ratings: Useful (6)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

Re: Moodle 2.5 code freeze has begun

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Dan,

As I saw the improvement in the Database activity (MDL-38166 fixed), I would like to ask whether MDL-20053 (allow user's profile picture displayed in database activity) could also be implemented. Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place and feel free to move this post to the correct place.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Moodle 2.5 code freeze has begun

by Dan Poltawski -

Hi Hartmut,

It doesn't look like anybody has submitted a fix for MDL-20053 to integration and so it does not look like a fix will make it into this release. I would try asking on the database forum to see if you can get a a willing volunteer to implement it smile

thanks, Dan