feature request/help: update all assignment due dates in imported course to appropriate week

feature request/help: update all assignment due dates in imported course to appropriate week

дэргэд Eric Oberle -
Хариу нийтлэлийн тоо: 2

Dear all, 

I'm using moodle 2.4, and have been using moodle for years.  One of my biggest irritations using it is that whenever I import assignments from an old class, or move them from week to week as I update things, I have to go into the appropriate assignment and manually change the due dates, even though they should just be due on the Wednesday of the week they are set in.  This is annoying, repetitive, and tedious.  

Is there a way to do this automatically, that I've just missed somehow?

If not, how hard would it be to work up this as an option in a future version?  Or for a plugin/module?  I think all I want to do is have a procedure that would "normalize" the due dates for all assignments in a class matching a string, and that the due dates would be normalized to the day of the week /time  relative to the week they are posted in.  Sure, I'd love it if relative dates were a feature of the assignment module, and so that they would just get updated with each drag & drop (with the ability to override)....but a plugin that allowed this to happen via a course search, would be wonderful too....

Anyone have any ideas? I find that this task consumes hours of instruction time. Thank you for any suggestions.

cheers,

Eric

Үнэлгээний дундаж: -
Eric Oberle-н хариуд

Re: feature request/help: update all assignment due dates in imported course to appropriate week

дэргэд Gary Sutcliff -

I agree and add:

It would be nice if Quiz and Assignment settings could be exported/imported to/from a spreasdsheet.

Gary Sutcliff-н хариуд

Re: feature request/help: update all assignment due dates in imported course to appropriate week

дэргэд Eric Oberle -

I hope I'm not a bother to ask this another way, but does anyone have any clue as to how one would do two crude mysql searches of all of the assignments in a class, identify the week they are in, and then a replace to change the assignment dates to be on the first day of the week they are currently in?  I could probably bang together a module or a patch if someone could point me in the right direction.   I have no idea how the ajax callbacks work, but even a crude sense of how to modify the assignment dates en masse would be super helpful. 

Thanks, 

Eric