How to installing Moodle 2.4.3 into xampp1.8.1

How to installing Moodle 2.4.3 into xampp1.8.1

by Anas Balla -
Number of replies: 7
I had faced problem on installing moodle2.4.3 , it's can't start moodle.exe file
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anas Balla

Re: How to installing Moodle 2.4.3 into xampp1.8.1

by Jayesh Anandani -

I had a tough time installing moodle in xampp 1.8.1 as it had extensions problem.It is better you install moodle in xampp 1.7 as all the extensions are readily set.Just be sure to config your moodle database in utf-8.

In reply to Jayesh Anandani

by George Abraham -

I didnt have any trouble on xampp1.8.1....just followed the instructions available...It worked smoothly for me.

What is the error that is being shown?

In reply to George Abraham

by Jayesh Anandani -

I was having 2 errors that time.That was extension not found.Extension were zip and xmlrpc!

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I dont think those are 'errors' as such, they just mean you don't have some of the optional components of a php setup installed and moodle catches these as being necessary dependencies.

If you look on the moodle environment checks page there is a help link by each one which tells you how to download and install those addons into your php environment. All you actually need to do is add these in and your moodle environment will install fine. from memory, on Linux at least, its 2 or 3 very simple apt-get install commands - not sure on Windows as I don't use it for hosting anything, even (especially!) my development/testing systems, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Jayesh Anandani -

I had that extensions present in my system,it was just that they were disabled.But when i enabled them the problem i faced was that i was getting download option whenever i ran localhost.It was kind of weired one.I searched it for 8 hrs at a strech and finally downgraded my xampp version and problem was solved.

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Jayesh.

I'm running XAMPP 1.8.1. Apart from the cURL SSL certificate problem, it works well for me.

In reply to Anas Balla

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Anas,

It sounds like you have downloaded and added the wrong Moodle package.

XAMPP is a server that you set up on your computer...yes?

In which case there should be a www directory?

All you need to do is download a copy of a standard Moodle 2.4 package ( http://download.moodle.org/download.php/stable24/moodle-latest-24.zip ) and extract the files into your XAMPP /www directory.

Next all you do is open your browser and add http://1.0.0.127 and your Moodle will start to install, assuming you have already created a Database using phpMyAdmin?

The Moodle.exe you are talking about is a standalone Moodle instance that has XAMPP already in it. So you cannot install that into an XAMPP server. That's why it does not work. Unless I have read your question wrongly?

Cheers

Mary