Students can't reply topics and can't create any new topics

Students can't reply topics and can't create any new topics

by Serhat Turan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I'm using moodle 2.4, i have created a  lesson then added a forum. I create a  topic and named it e.g what's your favourite color? then i enrolled all the course students to forum students. Then i login as a student, but i can't reply the topic (e.g what's your favourite color?) and also i can't create a new topic in forum. I updated the tester roll's to Non-editing teacher, then i see that i can create any topic and i can reply the topic. I checked the student's default alllowed things but i can't see where can i fix,

so can anybody help me pls?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Serhat Turan

Re: Students can't reply topics and can't create any new topics

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Please could you say which type of forum you are using and also if you have your students in separate or visible groups? Assuming you are not using the default news forum which only allows teachers to reply, then try #10 in the Forum FAQ

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Students can't reply topics and can't create any new topics

by Serhat Turan -

thanks marry, i understand now what's wrong, i was created my course for seperate group optionally, that's why i get this error...