Moodle 2.4 - how to see Hotpot attempts and scores?

Moodle 2.4 - how to see Hotpot attempts and scores?

by Nicola S. -
Number of replies: 8

I am using the latest version of Moodle 2.4 and just uploaded the latest Hotpot (v3.0.58)

When I was using the old Moodle (1.8) and Hotpot, it was possible to view all user attempts when in the Grades section, by clicking on the quiz name.  Now, however, this link just takes me to the quiz itself. 

I can view the logs, but this just shows the Action (e.g. hotpot view, hotpot attempt) - if I click on the Action, it again just takes me to the quiz itself.

How can I view the attempts and grades (and delete attempts, if necessary?)

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicola S.

Re: Moodle 2.4 - how to see Hotpot attempts and scores?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Nicola,
the links to the reports should be in the "Navigation" block, listed under the link for the current HotPot activity (see attaached screenshot).

The reports will alow you to select and delete attempts.

regards
Gordon

Attachment Screen shot 2013-03-29 at 12.01.59 PM.png
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Nicola S. -

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the reply.  However, Moodle 2.4 doesn't seem show it like that.

Here is a screenshot of what I get if I look at the Hotpot quiz (Navigation is on the right):

There is no Report - General option displayed.

If I click on Report - Activity Report (or any other link), it asks me to confirm that I want to leave the page. 

Then I get this, but I can't get more information (if I click on an activity, it just takes me back to the activity):

Do I need to enable something somewhere to show the General link?

Thanks!

Nicola

In reply to Nicola S.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Nicola. The "General" just refers to the actual topic section at the top. Your section where you have the Hot Potato is 10th March-16th March. What happens if you click on the Hot Potato  link in that section?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nicola S. -

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately, clicking on that Hot Potato link just takes me back to the entrance page for the quiz.  It's kind of just an endless loop...

Nicola

In reply to Nicola S.

by Susanna Wesson -

Hi,

I've been using Moodle 2.4 for a few weeks and also had to look carefully at how to see the Hotpot results. I use Settings/Grade Administration/Grader and then I click the chart icon next to the student's name to see the results. More details and settings are available by clicking on Grader report at the top of the page.

Susanna.

In reply to Susanna Wesson

by Nicola S. -

Hi Susanna,

Do you mean you go to the individual course, then Settings --> Grades --> Grader Report? Then I get a list of students and their grades, but just the one grade, not all attempts.

Same if I click on the chart next to them or Grader Report at the top. I can't find any way to find their attempts and the grades for the attempts.

Thanks,

Nicola

In reply to Nicola S.

by Susanna Wesson -

Hi,

Attempts and detailed reports are, as Mary Cooch said, in your March 10- March 16 section, but you need to click on the small triangle next to the Hot Potato symbol, not on the Hot potato itself (see my exercise The Tube). Then you will see Overview, Scores, Responses and Item analysis.  Click Overview to see the list of students with their attempts, then click on the contents of any column (Time, Status, Attempt number etc) to see the precise details.

The trouble starts when the grey triangle disappears, which may be why you can't see it. In my screen shot, there are no triangles opposite the Hotpot exercises below the one where Overview etc is shown.  I have to quit and re-open the Section to get them back again. My administrator recently updated Moodle 2.4 but the problem remains. Perhaps someone has the answer.

Susanna

Attachment Navigation_1.jpg
Attachment Navigation_6.jpg
In reply to Susanna Wesson

by Nicola S. -

Hi again,

This has been driving me crazy, but I have finally found the solution!

In Navigation --> Configure Navigation Block --> Block Settings --> Generate navigation for the following --choose Everything.

Then the little gray arrow/triangle appears next to the activity and you can click on it to see Overview, Scores, Responses and Item Analysis.

Nicola

Average of ratings: Useful (1)