Instuties of course

Instuties of course

by mateusz tata -
Number of replies: 4

I want to ask, is it possible by Moodl to group all courses, users, teachers to one more unit(institution). I would like to every institution's administrator could assign students to courses, which are in this institution, create accounts for them, delete their accounts,edit their profiles and have access to all students and teachers in this institution. Is importat, that institution's administrator shouldnt have access to users of other institutions. Does have something some solution od proposition?

Please about answer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mateusz tata

Re: Instuties of course

by Lawrence N -

How are you managing (i.e adding / maintaining / etc.) user accounts from other institutions?

My first guess is to create a role and assign permissions to those roles and finally add the users in that role. You can then assign that role for all the courses with the rights and permissions you need.

In reply to Lawrence N

by mateusz tata -

Every institution should have one administration and only he could edit user's profile, add, delete and assign. This administrator shouldn't access to other institutions and users enrolled there. I thought do it using category(category = institution), but how can i do, so that administrator(for example with manager role in category context) could edit users, who are enrolled in this institution. I tried do it, but only manager with system context can edit users's profile and additionaly in every category, what isn't desired for me.

In reply to mateusz tata

by Andre Paz Leal -

Mateusz what are you looking for is the concept of Multitenancy that was dropped by Moodle, because was going to take too much time to develop.

In reply to mateusz tata

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Mateusz

You can create more than 1 administrator in moodle which can edit, delete, add users but you can't assign them to different categories separately so they can add, edit, delete users of their category only.